UK Covid Roadmap Summary
In England from the 8th of March restrictions will stat to be lifted. Here is a summary of the governments Covid roadmap where we have picked out all the key points. You can read the full coronavirus Covid-19 roadmap at the government website.
The dates provided by the government are “not earlier then” with the government saying the steps will be data driven, not date driven.
- Schools and colleges to open.
- Childcare and children’s supervised activities allowed.
- Twice-weekly rapid testing for secondary and college pupils.
- Regular testing for all teachers.
- University practical courses.
- Care home residents will be allowed one regular visitor.
- Leave home for recreation and exercise outdoors with their household or support bubble.
- Leave home for recreation and exercise outdoors with one person from outside their household.
- Outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either 6 people (the Rule of 6).
- Outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of 2 households.
- Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts, and open-air swimming pools can open.
- Formally organised outdoor sports.
- Stay at home rule will end.
- Continue to work from home.
- Minimise your number of journeys.
- Most travel abroad still prohibited.
- Holidays abroad still not allowed.
- Non-essential retail to open.
- Public buildings to open.
- Indoor leisure facilities to open.
- Outdoor attractions to open.
- Self-contained accommodation to open.
- Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors. No need to order a meal to get alcohol.
- Funerals with up to 30 mourners.
- Weddings, receptions and commemorative events with up to 15 people.
- Continued easing of limits on seeing friends and family.
- Most restrictions on meeting others outdoors will be lifted.
- Gatherings of over 30 people will remain illegal.
- Indoors, the rule of 6 or 2 households will apply.
- Advice on social distancing between friends and family, including hugging to be updated.
- Most businesses will be able to open.
- Cinemas and children’s play areas to open.
- Hotels, hostels and B&B to open.
- Indoor adult group sports and exercise classes allowed.
- Indoor events up to 1,000 people.
- Outdoor events up to 4,000 people
- Weddings, receptions and wakes up to 30 people.
- Removal of all legal limits on social contact.
- Reopening of remaining premises, including nightclubs.